Last Sunday at Elim, we started off a six-part sermon series on the Holy Spirit with a message on “Walking in the Spirit”.
It is God’s desire that we walk in the Spirit so that we will be established in Him and be effective in the Body of Christ (Psalms 37:23-24). Scripture calls Him the Spirit of Truth, the Advocate, the Counsellor.
Galatians 5:16 urges us to live by the Spirit and not by the sinful nature. There is a conflict between the Spirit and the sinful nature but if we walk by the Spirit, we will not gratify the desires of the flesh.
The mind of the sinful man is death but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace (Romans 8:6-8).
How do we walk in the Spirit?:
1. Remove the idols in your heart (Hebrews 12:1) God has to be the first place in your heart.
2. Present your body as a living sacrifice (Romans 12:1-2).
3. Pray in the Spirit (1 Corinthians 14:2; Romans 8:26).
4. Obey the promptings of the Holy Spirit (John 10:4).
5. Set your mind on what the Spirit desires (Romans 8:5-9).